running from build dir

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 22 08:55:01 EST 2004

Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net> writes:

> Would these two interests be compatible if the implementation were
> different? or is it better to just 'make install' after every compile?

I just "make install" every time.  Note that if you only change
source files (not headers) then you only need to make install
in the directories you've changed rather than "make install" in
the full source tree.  If nothing else it saves a bit of time.

Unfortunately, due to the way Scheme works, there's little we can
do to completely solve this problem.  Gnucash needs to find its
scheme files, so it needs to know where to look.