Are trivals in g2 merged into HEAD immediately?

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Thu Dec 23 10:03:09 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 16:26 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:

> Actually, I'm more curious about the branch relations.

I've been doing periodic syncs from HEAD->g2 for the last year or so.
At some point the group will decide that what's in the g2 branch should
become the main code base that everyone uses, and there will be a single
massive collapse (merge) of the g2 branch back into HEAD.

> Would this be
> committed only to g2 branch for some later massive merge of g2 into
> HEAD, or is trivial stuff committed to g2 and then merged to HEAD
> immediately?

This could either be committed to HEAD and get swept up in the next sync
of the g2 branch, or since its trivial and shouldn't cause a sync
conflict, it could be double committed.

David