Perpetual saves requested

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 28 19:13:05 EST 2004

Ben Pracht <bpracht at nc.rr.com> writes:

> I wish I could say what exactly I was doing to cause Gnucash to fail,
> but nonetheless it happens often enough that I try to save the file
> after every transaction that I enter.  Unfortunately, I get to
> trusting the program too much, and sometimes I forget for many
> transactions.  For this, I request the option to save the whole thing
> after every transaction.

Once we implement the SQLite storage mechanism as the default "file"
backend then you'll never need to "save" your data again.  I.e., it
will "save" after every transaction.  It's unreasonable to request
this after each transaction in an XML file -- it needs to write out
the WHOLE xml document each time.  Instead, you could just replay the
log file.

> PS:  Is there still going to be a 1.8.10 for RH9.0?

Maybe.