Running gnome2 branch

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Dec 29 14:19:54 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 14:06, Maykel Moya wrote:
> El mié, 29-12-2004 a las 12:59 -0500, Josh Sled escribió:
> > On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 12:49, Maykel Moya wrote:
> >
> > > I successfully build and installed gnucash gnome2 branch, but when i
> > > launch it, the old gnucash (i have installed it too) is what is runned.
> >
> > * Where did you install the gnome2 branch?  i.e., what did you give as
> >   the '--prefix' argument to `autogen.sh`?
>
> No
> I only...
>
> $ ./autogen.sh
> $ make
> $ sudo make DESTDIR=/opt/gnucash-gtk2 install

Instead, do:

$ ./autogen.sh --prefix /opt/gnucash-gtk2 --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-debug
$ make install
$ /opt/gnucash-gtk2/bin/gnucash

[FWIW, you may find it easier to fiddle with the ownership and
permissions on /opt/gnucash-gtk2 so you can get at it from your user
account, side-stepping the need to become root in order to work with
development code].

This will modify generated absolute paths in the package to load from
the correct directory.  As it stands, you're building a package which
expects to be installed in /usr, then simply moving it into /opt at
install time; but for a variety of reasons we need to generate those
paths to the correct location right now.

...jsled