gnucash on os/x, thinking of a native port to aqua/cocoa

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Sun Feb 1 00:48:42 CST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 09:49, Timothy Reaves wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2004, at 9:12 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> 	No offense, but are you really so deluded that you think that is all
> that is required to get gnucash running?  If it were only so simple!
> With all of the broken dependencies, all the broken source that won't
> compile, it took me - a mere software engineer - about six hours of
> downloading binaries, compiling source, and fixing source to compile.
>
> 	Fink is nice, and I'd say it is as good as any other open source
> product, but that pretty much says it all.

Well with this sort of attitude towards open source wouldn't it be
'simpler' for you to just go buy quicken? You say 'no offense' then are
pretty offensive in both your reply and also in your attitude towards
free software developers. I have used fink several times to compile
gnucash on osx (not recently tho, I hardly use osx on my mac) and it
really isn't the 6 hours you describe. Try instead cleaning up your
attitude and helping the fink guys make the install work smoother. Or if
you really are dead set on developing an aqua version be prepared to
work on it for the next several years as suggested.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica