Proposal to move cvs and mailing lists

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Sun Feb 1 14:55:41 CST 2004

Due to problems with our current mailing list and cvs machines which has
caused recent outages and slowness in access there has been some
discussion about moving these services to a different location from the
present one. I wish to propose the following;

The present ftp and www sites for gnucash.org stay at their current
location

The mailing list, mail archives, cvs and cvs web interfaces be rehosted
to a new location. Mailing list search functionality by Kim Hendrikse be
hosted on the new machine.

A discussion about this was made on IRC and Derek Atkins and I are
proposing a new site that Derek Atkins is prepared to host. Derek and I
(and anyone else who would like to make a donation) are willing to
purchase a machine for these services but wish to give the GnuCash
community the opportunity to contribute also to this.

This proposal is to enable better access for people to the mailing lists
and cvs, I welcome any feedback on it.

Chris Lyttle
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica