GnuCash as server [WAS: Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

Charles Goodwin charlie at xwt.org
Thu Feb 26 18:45:28 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 19:58, Clayton Carter wrote:
> > I like the server idea because evo can then do a 'GET
> > /scheduled?count=10[&format=iCal]' at it's leisure, w/o user intervention.
> > This is obviously work on both sides ...
>
> 	Hi all.  I'm going to play curmudgeon again and say that,
> while this is all well and good, I don't use evo and I have no plans
> to.  In fact, I don't want my GC SXs showing up in my email client at
> all.

I think the point is it's:

1) an existing standard with (potential) support in several
   groupware clients

2) entirely optional; you only get the extra overhead (which
   would be minimal anyway) if you point your groupware client
   at the iCalender resource

3) (anal opinion) relatively easy to do
--
- Charlie