GnuCash as server [WAS: Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

dbolack%electricmulch.com at electricmulch.com dbolack%electricmulch.com at electricmulch.com
Thu Feb 26 13:00:57 CST 2004

Original Message:
-----------------
From:  linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:52:31 -0600
To: jsled at asynchronous.org, linas at linas.org, gnucash-devel at gnucash.org,
gnome-office-list at gnome.org
Subject: Re: GnuCash as server [WAS: Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

If you can find an industry standard xml markup for representing
calander appointments (which is how I like to think of scheduled
transactions ... something like a recurring meeting notice),
would be great.  If you could convince the evolution folks to use
that industry-standard calander markup as thier communications
protocol, then we're almost home free.  But I suspect there is
none-such.

-- linas

 I don't recall it being XML based, but I do remember, from a Sun on Sun
deployment of ICS ( whatever it's called this week ) that it implemented
spoke at least two "calendar" file formats of some kind.  I *think* the
file exports had an XML option, but that may have just been our wish list.

I just checked the docs, it certainly does, via csbackup.  I'm unsure if
the DTD is available though.  Shouldn't be hard to get.