GnuCash page on GO site

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Feb 26 13:15:20 CST 2004

This is fascinating, honest, but wouldn't it be better not to
crosspost to both Gnome Office and Gnucash and perhaps bring things back
to one list or the other when ideas have become more fully formed?

Nothing personal, but I think crossposting is inefficient and just makes
things more difficult and confusing for everyone.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 linas at linas.org wrote:

<snip>

> Themeability also has damned little to do with it.  The
> internationally accepted colors for go/caution/stop are
> green/yellow/red.  If you want, create a theme with lime
> green and ale red, but good lord don't exchange red for green.

I was amused to learn from the usability people that Japanese traffic
lights use Blue not Green for Go.

I know you want to make things extremely obvious but I also get Calums
point that if the users dont find exactly the same things as important as
you do then the WARNINGS!!! could get annoying.  Calum, Doesn't Gnome have
a Visual Bell (*) and accessiblity features to flash the window decortions
or suchlike for situations when really striking alerts are needed?  Is
there compromise you can both appreciate or an entirely diffent way of
looking at the problem rather than discussing the current implementation?
Is there some way to allow Linas the striking warning he wants but make it
easy enough for ordinary users to have something a little less striking?

(* i know it does I forget the details of how it works though)

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/

PS Please dont CC me, I'm already subscribed to the Gnome Office (GO)
list.