GnuCash page on GO site

msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Feb 29 18:36:53 CST 2004

>> > I'll post some example code of how to use the control shortly.
>>
>> Please post it on the approporiate abi website, so that google finds it.
>> One of the harder aspects to bonobo is that there haven't been many
>> good examples of how to use some of these controls. I've seen a
>> gnumeric bonobo for years, but have always scratched my head
>> "gee, now what? how do I use this thing?"
>
> Please forward that code to me as well Martin. I want to create a
> Manual/HowTo section on abisource.com, and this seems a good start...

OK. Here it is. This is the README inside the gzipped directory.

This little demo shows how to embed a AbiWord Bonobo control into a GTK
program.

You'll need AbiWord > 2.0 and the GNOME_AbiWord_Control_2_0.server IDL
file placed in /usr/lib/bonobo/servers

Recent Linux distros like fedora-1 should this for you or you can can just
grab a 2.0.3 GNOME rpm and "embeddable" rpm and install them.

The program loads simple document with a nice little table called
AbiTableTest.abw at line 240 in the test-abi2Container.c.

You'll need to change the full path name of "/home/msevior/abiBonoboDemo"
to where-ever you place this directory.

If you know how to fix this to use a relative path to where the directory
is placed, please send me a patch :-)

To build type "make"
The clean up type "make clean"

To play, load in the document (or one of your own  via the "load-file"
command)
Click in the window and start typing. Try changing th column widths, and
heights like you normally would.

Resize the app and watch AbiWord zoom to fit inside the new window.

Then type "undo" in the command line and watch your changes get undone.
Type "redo" see them come back. Type something missspelled and see it get
underlined with squiggles.

Have fun and think of the possiblities for your app :-)

Martin Sevior