FreeBSD compile

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 7 22:43:12 EDT 2004

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 11:23:56AM -0700, Carl was heard to remark:
>> We are trying to compile the CVS 1.9 HEAD version of gnucash on FreeBSD 4.9
>> and running into lots of errors. It looks like we might have compiler
>> version issues or other configuration problems.
>>
>> Who is supporting the FreeBSD port of GnuCash? We want to check if what we
>> are seeing is expected or if we should be fixing and reporting the problems.
>
> Don't know who is handling this; if you hear no answer after a while, send
> patches.

Carl: what version of GCC are you using?  Recent code on HEAD has been
using C99 syntax, which means you need gcc >= 3.x to compile the code.
Due to recent patches by a certain developer (who shall remain nameless)
gnucash is no longer buildable with gcc 2.9x.

Linas: you should be more careful to try to maintain gcc 2.9
compatibility by declaring all variables at the top of your function
blocks.