QofSetterFunc

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sat Jul 24 19:23:50 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 07:48:57PM +0100, Neil Williams was heard to remark:
> I see that most qof_class_register calls set a NULL in place of the possible
> QofSetterFunc. I couldn't find a single (QofSetterFunc) with a grep of src/
> but maybe that's just me.

:) its a place holder, haven't gotten around to filling it in.
The setters are used in qof and I think in gnotime.

> I've got my own code to work when e.g. Account.c has a corresponding
> QofSetterFunc defined:
>     { ACCOUNT_NAME_, QOF_TYPE_STRING, (QofAccessFunc)xaccAccountGetName,
> (QofSetterFunc) xaccAccountSetName },

Yep, that's the idea.

> Was it an oversight not to specify QofSetterFunc's?

No.

> Or just that nobody had a
> use for them, yet?

Yes.

> Can I change each qof_class_register section to use appropriate Set functions,
> where they exist?

Yes.

> (If they don't, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!)

Heh.

I've converted most things to use QofEntity; I was planing on converting
most things to actually use QofInstance (so that they would all have a
common setter for the KVP tree, and some other common items.)  Prices
stick out like a sore thumb, and would need a major overhaul.  There
are other odds-n-ends, such as currencies.

I was planning on adding reference counting to QofInstance. ...

I was planing on changing gnc-event to send out references to entities
and not to guids ....

Since my whiz-bang SQL backend requires the setters, I was holding off
till then ...

--linas