QOF-to-SQL Proof of Concept

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Wed Jun 2 10:37:08 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 12:27:47AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> James Richardson <james at jamesrichardson.org> writes:
>
> >> Don't gocrazy hjust yet, wait for the prototype to get finished.
> >> There's still a lot of work left.
> >
> > I would like to help, especially with the mysql (non existent?) stuff.
> > Anyway, I will pull the cvs code from sf.net and take a look.
>
> MySQL is not a priority..  SQLite and PG are priorities.  If MySQL
> happens to come out in the mix, great, but it's definitely not
> important.  Please work on SQLite first.

mysql should 'just work' under the odbc or the libdbi interfaces.
I have not even attempted sqllite; i'm less clear if that would work
with either.  Since odbc basically sucks rocks, I wouldn't mind having a
'native' sqllite driver.

two warnings about dwi:
-- the non-existant build system sucks.
-- all of that code is subject to rapid, incompatible changes.
   Its a playground for me, I won't take patches that conflict with
   things & planning to do next.

--linas