GNOME 2: MDI or SDI?

Christian Neumair chris at gnome-de.org
Mon Jun 7 04:26:32 EDT 2004

We've not yet made a decision whether we ought to use MDI or SDI for the
GNOME 2 port, which is a fundamental decision. In my opinion, we should
in no way mix them, because that heavily confuses users. We need to open
accounts in new windows anyway, and opening reports in the same window
is weird, because it is inconsistent with the rest of GnuCash. Plus,
notebook tabs occupy space. That's why I propose to use exlusively SDI,
i.e. accounts, reports and all the other thingies are fired up in new
windows instead of in new tabs. That would mean removal of the plugin
page concept. Instead, we have action/task-specific windows.
Comments, suggestions?

regs,
 Chris