GNOME 2: MDI or SDI?

John P. New jnew at hazelden.ca
Mon Jun 7 08:16:35 EDT 2004

I, on the other hand, despise the SDI way that GnuCash behaves, and
would much rather tabs than separate windows.

I find that when I am working with Gnucash, I have other applications
open at the same time. Mozilla to view multiple bank sites (all in their
own tabs, by the way), OpenOffice spreadsheets that calculate anything
from gas and electric bills to business expenses (and again, while there
are several instances of OpenOffice running, each spreadsheet has
multiple tabs of information). Unfortunately, the Gnucsh windows get all
mixed up amongst these other applications, making navigation between
accounts somewhat of a pain. I cringe at the confusion that would result
if Mozilla and OpenOffice didn't support tabs.

I was hoping that someone would eventually see the light (well, my
light, anyway :-) ) and design GnuCash to use MDI for account windows.

John P. New
London, Ontario, Canada