QOF won't link

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 16 16:09:44 EDT 2004

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> What do I need in a Makefile.am to deal with these error reports:
>
> /opt/neil/gnucash/src/import-export/gnc-book-merge/gnc_book_merge.c:114:
> undefined reference to `qof_sql_query_run'
> gnc_book_merge.o(.text+0x100): In function `gnc_book_merge_do_some_queries':
> /opt/neil/gnucash/src/import-export/gnc-book-merge/gnc_book_merge.c:134:
> undefined reference to `qof_sql_query_new'
> gnc_book_merge.o(.text+0x10e):/opt/neil/gnucash/src/import-export/gnc-book-merge/gnc_book_merge.c:137:
> undefined reference to `qof_sql_query_set_book'
> gnc_book_merge.o(.text+0x130):/opt/neil/gnucash/src/import-export/gnc-book-merge/gnc_book_merge.c:157:
> undefined reference to `qof_sql_query_destroy'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [gnc_book_merge] Error 1
>
> I can't find any suitable libraries in the CVS HEAD src/ tree.
>
> or with -lqof added:
[snip]

Gnucash does not depend on -lqof, and indeed having -lqof installed on
your machine may screw up your gnucash build if it finds the wrong
version of header files.  Nor do I get this error when I build CVS
HEAD, so it's something you did yourself (or it's pulling in the wrong
QOF headers and getting confused).

These symbols are declared in src/engine/qofsql.h but that file is not
compiled in the gnucash build -- which leads me to believe you're
having the version-skew problem that I alluded to.  Try removing
libqof from your machine so gnucash doesn't find the wrong header
files.

> This QOF still isn't making any sense and neither of the examples on the QOF
> sourceforge site will compile.
> (there's no my-object.h file)
> sql-example.c:48: error: `MyObj' undeclared (first use in this function)

Are you looking at QOF or Gnucash?  This is not the right place to ask
QOF questionbs.