QOF won't link

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 16:22:29 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 8:33, Neil Williams wrote:

The code I'm working on (in a reduced form that just covers the problem area)
is here:
http://www.codehelp.co.uk/code/basic.c
and my current Makefile.am (with the added basic target) is at:
http://www.codehelp.co.uk/code/Makefile.am

It's very close to the QOF example, just using GnuCash objects instead of a
bespoke object.

Using:
Package: libqof-dev
Section: libdevel
Source: qof
Version: 0.4.1-1

> What do I need in a Makefile.am to deal with these error reports:
>
> /opt/neil/gnucash/src/import-export/gnc-book-merge/gnc_book_merge.c:114:
> undefined reference to `qof_sql_query_run'
>
> I can't find any suitable libraries in the CVS HEAD src/ tree.
>
> or with -lqof added:
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `sql_destroy'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `sql_parse'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_object_class_list_properties'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_date_get_day'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_value_get_double'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_param_spec_get_name'
..snip...
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_value_get_boolean'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_value_get_int'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_value_get_uint'
> /usr/lib/libqof.so: undefined reference to `g_date_get_year'

These look like glib functions, which are already linked - it's confusing me.

--

Neil Williams