QOF iteration and callbacks

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sun Jun 20 11:12:47 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 04:49:37PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:
>
> > "one can then ask, at run time, what parameters are associated with a given
> > type, even if those parameters were not known at compile time."
> > src/doc/html/group__Class.html
>
> Yes, at this point there are no APIs to implement this.

Whoops.  It is straightforward enough to add a 'for-each' function.
I'll see if I can do that right now.

> > hoping I don't have to copy a whole batch of these sections from the source
> > tree:
>
> Right now this is what you need to do.

Ugh.  copying ... bad.  Foreach, much better.  My only concern is that
I am not convinced that simply asking for all paramters is the right
thing to do for whatever it is that you are doing.  There are very few
realistic situations where knowing 'all' parameters is the right thing.
Most other cases require specialized knowledge of what the object really
is & does.

--linas