QOF iteration and callbacks

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sun Jun 20 12:38:44 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 05:12:09PM +0100, Neil Williams was heard to remark:

> The final code should open up all sorts of possibilities, like closing books
> easily

I've already got code that closes books; its been checked in and
operational for a while (years?), except that the business classes
aren't yet supported.  Also, its a bit of a hash as to how the
backends are supported (file vs. sql).  A closed book goes into
its own file.

Book closing makes copies of all the accounts, but sorts trasnactions
into old and new.  There's some subtle interplay between transactions &
lots & opening balances on equity accounts.  Also, derek suggests that
instead of copying accounts, they should be version with a copy-on-write
scheme, which I am thinking about.   These are all meta-issues I want
to both write the code for, and to defer until I get farther with the
generic sql backend work. (basically, until I get the copy-on-write
into the generic backend so that business obs can be supported).

--linas