automatic ex/import of data

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Tue Jun 22 00:20:58 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 12:18:08PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:

> > that is *not* familiar with gnucash's internals?
>
> Hmm, I dont know.  I suspect that #1, adding hooks into the objects

Hmm, Derek is already familiar with gnucash internals, and he plumb
forgot about src/engine/gnc-event.h which is used by various GUI
elements to figure out when to redraw.  Trnasactions, lots, periods,
accounts, sched txn's, prices, books and freqspecs all generate
these events.

Yes, the current interface to gnc-event is ugly and I plan to redo
it to fit with qof.

> #2 is probably going to take a LOT longer.

Well #2 was the #1 reason for doing this scheme thing in the first
place.  All *other* reasons for doing scheme were secondary to
providing scriptability.  Scheme was not needed for reports, nor
was it needed for any other reason.  It was needed *solely* to provide
scriptability.  I guess we failed at that ...

--linas