donating

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Jun 24 03:24:43 EDT 2004

Linas Vepstas schrieb:
>>http://www.gnucash.org/en/donations.phtml
>
> Its now linked to the various menus and other pages.
>
> It also contains a summary of the current financial position.
> Is this a good idea? a bad idea?  Will more people donate
> if they don't know how much money we have?  Or will they
> donate when they see how open and transparent our records are?

I like this very much. I think it is a good idea to be quite open and
outright about what we do (receiving small amounts of money and using it
for ... internet connectivity or whatever) and what we don't do
(receiving giant amounts and/or throwing money away). Also, it helps
ourselves to stay at this very open and responsible attitude when
dealing with the donations. I think this is a good idea.

Christian