Dynamic data queries (was: GnuCash page on GO site)

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Tue Mar 2 10:18:37 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 11:09:27AM +0100, C. Gatzemeier was heard to remark:
> Am Montag, 1. M?rz 2004 17:06 schrieb Linas Vepstas:
>
> > Its not cool to hide SQL from the API.  Well, it is, but that's only
> > because SQL is broken.  Here's how I would like SQL to work:
>
> I really like that idea of a SQL aware application (layer).
>
> Thank you for giving a nice example what dwi/dui is all about.

Actually, that is what "qof" is all about.  dwi/dui is something
else again; we'll save that for another day.

> I wouldn't  say
> SQL is broken though, it's quite ok for database queries,

Well, yes, OK, its not SQL that's broken; its that there are no
client-side sql parsing tools that can be used to map sql
statements onto C objects (or java classes or python objects....)
But you got the point!

--linas