Presentation about GnuCash at local Linux day in Germany

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Mar 3 05:26:11 CST 2004

Dear all,

I am happy to announce a presentation about GnuCash that will be held
this weekend by myself at a "GNU/Linux Information day"
http://www.lug-whv.de in the city of Wilhelmshaven, nothern Germany. As
it turned out, my presentation also was selected to be videoconferenced
simultaneously to another "Linux day" event in the city of Chemnitz
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/2004 , eastern Germany.

The presentation is scheduled for this saturday (06.03.) 4pm MET,
http://www.lug-whv.de/?menu=202004000101 (Wilhelmshaven) and
http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/2004/workshops (Chemnitz). The
language of this presentation will be German. I will put the slides
online shortly after the event, but they will be in German, too. :-)

A question to every developer around here: Since quite a number of
business guests are expected at that event (from banks and/or software
vendors), I would like to give some numbers about the potential
availability of paid developers. In other words: If a software vendor
asks me "How much do I have to pay to get feature xyz implemented?", I
would like to be able to answer whether some of us are available for
contract work on gnucash or not. I only know that I myself am not
available for contract work. How about other developers here? Is anyone
of you in principle available for contract work? If yes, please indicate
this by a private response to me -- I will gladly advertise this at the
presentation.

Christian