libopenhbci2 incompatible with Finance::Quote

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Mar 5 02:34:56 CST 2004

David Hampton schrieb:
> Gnucash then summarily quits.  Thanks to a suggestion from Derek, I
> tracked the problem back to the GWEN_Process_ModuleInit() function in
> gwenhywfar-0.9.6 (a prerequisite of openhbci2).  This function installs
> a signal handler to catch the SIGCHLD signal, apparently overriding the
> guile signal handler.  Guile doesn't accept this situation, thus the
> problem.  If one of the hbci developers on the list would work with the
> gwenhywfar developers to resolve this problem, I would appreciate it.

Ooops. Obviously this is a severe design problem in gwenhywfar. I'm a
developer there as well, so I'll discuss how to fix this. However, the
main developer of gwenhywfar and openhbci2, Martin Preuss, has
mysteriously disappeared completely from email communication and CVS
activity for the last 5 weeks. I sincerely hope he's not in trouble...
and any significant change in these libraries requires him being
available. I hope we can fix this soon.

Thanks,

Christian