GnuCash page on GO site

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Mon Mar 1 11:24:49 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 09:16 -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 10:39:37AM +0100, Rodrigo Moya was heard to remark:
> >
> > I also know of a way to write this, which is to write a libgda provider
>
> Is there some example source code on the gnome-db website that
> shows how to do this? Something that's not more than a few hundred
> lines of code?

have a look at any of the libgda providers, all located in libgda/
providers/ directory.

The basic is that you need to write a GdaServerProvider-based class, and
implement the methods on it. It's that easy. The complexity of the
providers depend on the way data is accessed and mapped to the libgda
API. Thus, the PostgreSQL provider is much more than a few 100s of lines
of code, since it supports everything in the API, and has support for
all the features available in PostgreSQL. Other providers, like the XML
one or Xbase one (unfinished) might be a better simple example to start
with.

cheers