Online Docs (was Re: QOF help!)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 6 10:47:54 EDT 2004

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:41:17PM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
>>
>> (the latter being the list archives).  Right now machine1 (www) has
>> very limited disk space (at least until Linas upgrades his machine).
>
> ? Its had about 30GB of free disk space for about 5 years now ...
> How much do you need?

I guess not a lot for this.  If you want to host the docs on
www.gnucash.org I've attached the (short) script that I put into
/etc/cron.daily to pull down CVS and build the docs every night.  I
don't have a strong preference where it lives.  I just wasn't sure if
you'd want to put the docs into an SSI with the GnuCash menubar.

>> Machine2 is also SIGNIFICANTLY faster!
>
> Well, www is no snozer at a dual-cpu 500MHz system. Its about 99% idle.
> I think Derek has a T1 line, though, whereas my internet provider is
> crappy.  (Although: they *ARE* still in business, unlike my last
> 4 internet providers).
>
> Derek's thinking of www.linas.org which is an old 486.

My appologies, you are correct.  I was thinking of www.linas.org,
which used to host cvs.gnucash.org.  The new machine here is a 2.4GHz
Celeron which is mostly idle (probably about 98-99%).

>> Linas may not agree, however, if he wants to keep the "gnucash look at
>> feel" of the docs.  But I don't know how hard that would be to get
>> doxygen to use SSI.  It might be easier with frames.
>
> Well, doxygen does use CSS, and its default color scheme is close
> to the gnucash colors.  Quite unlike the horrid mailman default colors.
>
> If someone (cstim?) could tweak the doxygen config to include the
> gnucash website header and footer, that would be nice.

Does the header and footer include the left-side menubar?  If so,
should this live on your server?  I don't particularly care where it
lives...

> --linas

-derek