I put a bounty

don Paolo Benvenuto donpaolo at gsi.it
Thu May 27 13:38:55 EDT 2004

Hi all!

I'm using gnucash in a rather complex situation, managing accounts of
three subjects all together. I have many accounts (900) and many many
many txns (20,000).

In that situation, gnucash is running very slow: on my p4 1.8 G 256 M
ram it takes 5 seconds to open an account register, and the same time to
save a new txn.

Since I need gnucash, it's part of my work, I can cooperate with a
bounty in order to get this problem resolved.

I could see that these times depend only on the number of accounts, not
on the number of txns.

Will we find someone with the ability and the will to resolve this task?

How much could be the amount to put in the bounty?

How could the bounty be managed?

Of course, I'll give the money when the problem got resolved, but I
understand that we need a way in order the "bounty killer" to be sure
he/she will receive the bounty.

--

Buon Cammino!

don Paolo Benvenuto