CVS HEAD - trying to fix

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 9 09:50:51 EST 2004

Hi,

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> All these errors were found in CVS exported for 2004-08-18 - there is a
> Changelog entry for Scrub.c dated 2004-07-20 so I'll investigate that.

Note that Linas does not always update the ChangeLog when he commits files,
so you might want to run "cvs log" on the various Scrub* and cap-gains.*
files to see what's changed.

>> #4:
>> > Unposting an invoice also causes the BillTerm entries to become invalid
>> > AND unfixable in the GUI.
>>
>> "unfixable"?  What do you mean by that?
>
> i.e. without hand-editing the XML, the invoice cannot be posted, edited or
> amended - it refuses to post because of a lack of billterms and the billterms
> themselves cannot be edited - it's greyed out. The 'Unpost' dialog is also
> quite different to current 1.8.9 and has extra features that need to be
> investigated. Problem #4 has not been investigated as deeply as the others,
> it may be a consequence of other problems.

Did you click the "Edit" button?  That's where the billterms are editable..

Yes, there are extra features in HEAD that used to work a long time
ago (when I first implemented them).  I find it quite disturbing that
code that used to work no longer works.

>> It effectively means the merge isn't doing anything because my resulting
>> CoA doesn't have any results from the merge.  IMHO you should just
>> special-case the root AccountGroup (read: break the QOF abstraction) and
>> move on.
>
> Let me clarify. I am special-casing the root Account Group and the new
> accounts DO show up in the CoA (that's the effect of my most recent patch).
> The problem is with sub-accounts like Childcare or Federal Tax - the
> accountgroup Expenses or Tax is not being identified and because it cannot be
> abstracted at the moment, there's nothing in the merged book to cope with the
> new group. End result is that all new accounts appear in the CoA BUT they
> appear as top level. This will be dealt with in the druid-merge.c code rather
> than in QOF itself, so as long as I can identify which accounts should be top
> level and which should not, I'll solve it.

You can tell based on the Account parent.