development contribution (business-..)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 30 12:34:35 EST 2004

Rich Johnson <rjohnson at dogstar-interactive.com> writes:

> Well, given that currently one must use either [Search...] or use data
> validation of a typed name; there's already a database search
> involved.   In any case I've got a learning curve to scale and I'm a
> long way from even thinking about implementations.

True -- I was just pointing out that the back-end is always a database
search, so don't assume from the UI that you always have a full list of
items to present.  That's all I meant. :)

I'd also suggest that if you do want to work on this, a phrase-wheel
widget really is the right approach, and I'm still willing to send you
the python code if you feel like you could translate it to C.  :)

> I'm starting with HEAD--and sticking to function descriptions for now.
> I thought I'd start with gnc{Vendor,Customer,Business}.[ch] and play
> around with doxygen.  (You wouldn't happen to have a Doxygen
> config-file lying around somewhere, would you?)

There should be a config file in the source tree already.

> No specific questions yet, but they'll come up.
>
> First rule:  Break no code!
> Second rule:  Don't assume semantics

Heh.  :)