Moving groups of splits between accounts

David Jafferian - Sun Microsystems david.jafferian at east.sun.com
Thu Nov 18 13:04:22 EST 2004

Hi -

Is anyone working on a facility in which groups of splits can be moved
from one account to another ?  Merging two accounts into one would be
a trivial example of a capability provided by such a facility.  I have
a need for such capabilities so if no one else is working on it I
would like to try to implement this facility, but I have never
contributed to the GnuCash project before.

The facility would probably use the GnuCash engine functions
xaccAccountInsertSplit() and xaccAccountForEachTransaction(), if not
the unimplemented xaccAccountForEachSplit().

I can't imagine that this hasn't been tried before, so let me know if
I would just be duplicating effort, or inform me of any pitfalls.

--
David N. Jafferian
Sun Microsystems, Inc.