Trying to get OFX working on an amd64 laptop

Bill Suit bsuit at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 2 06:59:09 EDT 2004

With Benoit Grégoire's permission, I've copied below the final
correspondence between him and me. We reached the point where we were
able to confirm that the module(?) compiled correctly and provided
proper info.

I've compiled this in 64bit mode. I am currently using distro gentoo,
with kernel 2.6.7-gentoo-r13 and gcc-3.4.1(gnucash was built with
gcc-3.3 IIRC). Any help to get OFX working would be appreciated.

I did a quick search for 'amd64' on the devel archives with no returns.
I noticed a comment last month about possibly getting x86_64 into
gnucash 1.8.10. If I can help as an everyday user somehow, please let me
know. I've been using linux since '98 (RH-5.1). Bill

> On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 18:05, Benoit Grégoire wrote:
> > Well, I don't know, I never played with at 64 bit machine.  But
>
> clearly the
>
> > problem isn't in the compilation.  So it has to be a linking
problem.

> > What does (adjust path as appropriate):
> > ldd /usr/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ofx.so
> > give you?
> >
> > - --
> > Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/

> letters $ ldd /usr/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ofx.so
> ldd: /usr/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ofx.so: No such file or directory
>
> root # ldd /usr/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ofx.so
> ldd: /usr/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-ofx.so: No such file or directory
>
> root # find / -iname libgncmod-ofx.so
> root #

Well, if you can't find it, it means the gnucash module doesn't get
compiled,
so for some reason it's not properly enabled during configure.
--
Benoit Grégoire, http://benoitg.coeus.ca/