G-Wrap 1.9.3 testing tarball available

Andreas Rottmann a.rottmann at gmx.at
Tue Oct 12 10:52:53 EDT 2004

Hi!

In the last week, I've been able to bring G-Wrap 1.9 into a shape
where it can be used as a drop-in replacement for G-Wrap 1.3.4, at
least as far GnuCash is concerned. Note that this affects source
compatibilty only; the runtime is not compatible, but
parallel-installable (so if you install G-Wrap 1.9 over an existing
1.3.4 installation, GnuCash will continue to work).

Please give compiling (and testing) GnuCash and/or guile-gnome with
this pre-release a shot; if all goes well this will be officially
released as 1.9.3. I'd like to hear positive as well as negative
feedback; reports from non-GNU/Linux systems are especially
appreciated.

The tarball is available from
http://yi.org/rotty/tmp/g-wrap-1.9.3.tar.gz. Note that even though the
version number, this is not yet an offical release; the reason why
it's not suffixed with e.g. rc2 is that this would break the GnuCash
configure script, which has a rather simple parser for the output of
g-wrap-config.

Thanks, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty at ICQ      | 118634484 at ICQ | a.rottmann at gmx.at

Any technology not indistinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
   -- Terry Pratchett