Concepts guide - Depreciation

David Harrison DavidHarrisonCGA at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 00:54:16 EDT 2004

> I'll get something to you in the next few days.
>
> Dave

Well, it been more than a few days, but here are the changes I propose
for the concept guide.

The first page I worked on was
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/dep_concepts1.html

I basically rewrote the entire page.  The attached file called
basic_concepts shows the original  text and my changes.  Note, that I
would keep the note that's at the bottom of the page regarding tax
policies.

Then second page was
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v1.8/C/gnucash-guide/dep_value1.html

I did away with the first section on estimating valuation and
renumbered the section depreciation schemes to 11.2.  The attached
file depreciation_schemes shows the origianal text and my changes.
Note that I am not proposing any changes to the three examples, nor
any of the following pages in that section.

Let me know what you think.

Dave