Concepts guide - Depreciation

Jon Lapham lapham at jandr.org
Fri Oct 29 16:53:57 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:
> David Harrison <DavidHarrisonCGA at gmail.com> writes:
>

>>The way that we have made the distinction between personal and
>>business makes this a difficult definition.  On the personal side,
>>your definition is correct. On the business side it's not.
>

> Perhaps we need two different concepts guids, one for personal use and
> one for business use?  I'm sure they could share most of their text,
> but would require subtle differences.  Unfortunately this would double
> the amount of work in maintaining the guide.
>
> Just a suggestion,

Uh, Derek, you are joking, right?  This issue was brought up in the
beginning of this thread by David.  But, I'll put the links in again.

http://www.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2003-August/009760.html
http://www.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2003-August/009765.html

Maybe I better quote the links here:

14 months ago I said: "I propose that (after 1.8.5 is released) we (I)
split the documentation into 2 separate guides.  Personal Finance and
Business Finance." To which you (Derek) responded, "But seriously, I
think except for the specific chapters devoted to the above sections, I
see no reason to duplicate the docs."

And because of your comments, I spend a... um... fair bit of time
putting the docs together the way you see them today.