Concepts guide - Depreciation

Jon Lapham lapham at jandr.org
Fri Oct 29 17:39:28 EDT 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Ok, I know this comment will bite me when I run for president in
> 20 years, but....   I flip-flop!  :)
>
> Honestly, tho, I was mostly joking.  But it does sound like we want
> somewhat separate text for personal vs. business in this area.
> Perhaps we need separate sections/chapters for the contentious
> areas?

Yes.  I TOTALLY agree that the docs would be better if split.  In fact,
I still stand by my original proposal.  Even the duplicated parts could
be somewhat written specifically for either personal finance or business
(the examples, for example).

I just would not want to go down that road unless I knew I had 100%
support of others.  It would be a lot of work, and the last thing I
would want is for another flip-flop to mean that you do not like the
idea Derek!

I also would not want to start splitting the guide unless it was clear
that the project was actually progressing, especially for some of the
most requested business features such as end of year book closing (lots)
and a real payroll system.  But, it seems to me that development has
sort of died off.  No offense to anyone intended, maybe I am completely
wrong on this... just my impression.