Concepts guide - Depreciation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Oct 30 10:44:49 EDT 2004

David Harrison <DavidHarrisonCGA at gmail.com> writes:

> I second Jon's feelings (am I signing myself up for more work by saying that ;>)
> Splitting the guide would be a good idea, and, IMHO, book closing and
> payroll are must haves if you are serious about getting into the small
> business category.

Book closing is in the works (although we're still not sure how you
handle multi-period reports in that sense).  Payroll is not in the
works, unless someone wants to donate a payroll subsystem
implementation.

My major concern with splitting the docs into two completely separate
docs is the amount of duplicated effort for nearly similar features.
I'm concerned it would be a maintenence issue down the road if you
need to make similar changes in multiple documents.

However if you are willing to do the work, I'll concede that separate
docs would definitely be clearer to the end user and not confuse the
poor home user with small business terminology they will never need to
know to manage their personal finances.