Windows GNUCash

Colin Thomsen gnucash.20.colin at spamgourmet.com
Sat Oct 30 20:25:36 EDT 2004

There has been some talk about a Windows version of GNUCash which would
be created by compiling up all the components including the GUI
components. I don't know if this has been successful, but I propose a
different approach. I've compiled up the engine and backend (File)
modules under Windows so I think I have the tools available to work in a
compatible way with existing saved XML files.

Now it is just a matter of putting together some Windows-specific GUI
code to work with the underlying data and I should have a 'light'
version of GNUCash, which would initially just allow you to work with
transactions. Reporting and other GNUCash features could be added as needed.

Any comments?