devel questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 17 10:13:11 EDT 2004

Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net> writes:

> I see.  I was just naively using the docs for gtk2.4.  I didn't see
> _any_ info about differences between 2.4 and 2.2.  I'll keep that in
> mind.

Yea, you need to be careful about which version of gtk.  We had been
trying to keep it at gtk-2.2, but I suspect we'll give in and update
to 2.4 if the g2 branch doesn't complete sometime "soon".

>> > Why does removing/commenting out "gtk_container_add(GTK_CONTAINER(box),
>> > GTK_WIDGET(dlg->relatedView));" from category_dialog_create(), prevent
>> > the consistent SEGV upon closing the dialog?
>>
>> Perhaps it's double-freed?  I dont know, you tell me.
>
> I suspected double-free, but I don't know either.  It dies in the
> library, but I'll keep digging.

Where in the library does it die?
Did you try running with valgrind?

>> Because the runtime object is a GncTreeModelAccount which apparantly
>> is not a subclass of GtkTreeModelSort (but it IS a subclass of
>> GtkTreeModel).
>
> which one can tell by noticing in gnc_tree_model_account_get_type (void):
>
> g_type_add_interface_static (gnc_tree_model_account_type,
>    GTK_TYPE_TREE_MODEL, &tree_model_info);
>
> right?  I'm not missing any more explicit declaration of object
> hierarchy, am I?

No, you're not missing anything.  You're right.

> Good idea.  So, do you use a lot of options? or just:
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/gnucash-2.0pre --enable-debug

Well, I use --prefix=/opt/gnucash-g2 --enable-opt-style-install
--enable-ofx but you don't have to do that if you don't want to.