gnucash not saving nor warning when partition full

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Apr 7 14:12:22 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 9:06 am, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Neil Williams schrieb:
> > On Tuesday 05 April 2005 6:34 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> >>Unfortunately it's not trivial, because the API between the UI and the
> >>non-UI bits don't pass enough information to notice the error.
> >
> > Could we check the return value of the fprintf in line 931 (and
> > elsewhere) in src/backend/file/io-gncxml-v2.c and set a QofBackendError ?
> > (using qof_book_get_backend?)
>
> Yes, I think this would at least get us somewhere.

OK, the code is ready for testing - I should get time to test and commit this
weekend.

I've also been fixing certain parts of the QOF date handling to add the option
to work in UTC time using the full date and time, remove deprecated code and
provide for SQL queries of date parameters. (QOF_DATE_FORMAT_UTC).

I've also been adding "INSERT into" support to qof_sql_query and that's almost
complete. It's not directly relevant to GnuCash but is useful for QOF.

My pilot-link project is now available separately. You'll need pilot-link CVS
and QOF CVS to build it, but the code is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pilot-qof/
http://pilot-qof.sourceforge.net/
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pilot-qof/pilot-qof/

It's been spun out of pilot-link and I'm aiming to get it released as a Debian
package (and possibly as an RPM for others) at the same time as the next QOF
release.

If anyone fancies helping out (Philip? Are you still around?), there's work to
be done to handle date ranges, SQL commands from a file (a text/sql file as
output by mysqldump) and Palm categories. Small areas that really add to the
usability of the mini-application.

> > I can check for a negative return int and set the same QofBackendError -
> > added to qofbackend.h and an appropriate message in
> > src/app-file/gnc-file.c - would that solve the bug?
>
> I think that would be good.

I have a spare partition that I can wipe and create a suitable file to fill
it. I have a few backup ISO's that I can copy around.

--

Neil Williams