enum as string macro - updated

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Apr 24 05:04:47 EDT 2005

On Sunday 24 April 2005 1:52 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:
> > OK, the clever little macro that I found and improved has now been
> > improved some more. It is now quite happy in a header file AND it
> > produces Doxygen output!
> > https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-March/012849.html
>
> [snip]
>
> Neat.  This IS pretty cool.. Now if only it could also produce the
> g-wrap specifications as well and it would be perfect ;)

Gee, you don't want much, do you Derek!!

Honestly, if I had any clue what g-wrap needed, I would do it.

Will g-wrap allow the gcc preprocessor to run before it tries to build it's
code? If it will, I can't see how it could fail to pick up the enum because
when you run a setup of this macro against gcc -E, what you get
(albeit all on one long line) is exactly what you would expect to see if you
hadn't used the macro and typed it all in manually. That's how I got Doxygen
to work on it and it's the only way I can see g-wrap working with it too.

Which would be a good file for me to test?

--

Neil Williams