g-wrap 1.9.5 and G2 branch

Robert Merkel robert.merkel at benambra.org
Sun Apr 24 06:15:09 EDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:00:28AM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sunday 24 April 2005 6:37 am, Robert Merkel wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Is G2 CVS supposed to compile with g-wrap 1.9.5?
>
> ? 1.9.5 ? The latest available in Debian unstable is:
> ii  libgwrapguile1            1.3.4-12
> /usr/bin/g-wrap-config
>
> Are we talking about the same package?
>
> > autoconf seems to be
> > checking for g-wrap-config, which doesn't seem to be part of the new
> > version unless I'm missing something.
>
> What I've got as 1.9.5 is libgwrap-runtime0 - that is 1.9.5-2. The dev version
> of that package is not what you need for g-wrap-config - you need the Guile
> version.

OK, I installed those packages, and autoconf seems to be happy now.

I'm still not quite clear on how g-wrap has changed since I used it
last, but I'm sure I'll figure it out...

                                           Robert Merkel
                                     robert.merkel at benambra.org
                                        http://benambra.org

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and
neither do we."
  --AP wire, 6/8/2004