Development wiki being spammed

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Apr 24 05:48:52 EDT 2005

Am Sonntag, 24. April 2005 11:29 schrieb Neil Williams:
> http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashDevelopment
>
> has got some dubious adverts in the More section. Anyone free to keep an
> eye on spammers?

@$%! Yes, I check this daily on each workday, but not on weekends. Have a look
at the "Recent changes" page.
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/RecentChanges This is the reason why
the GnuCash page itself is locked.

Since this wiki is used pretty much only for gnucash, having to check for
spammers daily is quite some overhead. In this status this wiki comes close
to being unhelpful for our purposes. I already suggested to the wiki's admin
(stro) that this wiki should be switch to allow postings only by logged-in
users and allow users only with email verification. However, by default all
these wiki systems do not encourage you to enforce such "constraints", so it
might be a little bit difficult either to find these settings or to convince
the wiki admin to switch these on. I'm quite fed up with spam-hunting on the
wiki pages. Maybe there are some other volunteers around here that could have
an eye on this?

Regards

Christian Stimming