test routines

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 09:27:32 EDT 2005

My next task with CashUtil is implementing an increasing number of test
routines into the build, naturally using the existing versions. Some can be
added to QOF (as once QOF is spun out, those test routines won't be testing
GnuCash code) and some need to run with both GnuCash and CashUtil.

(GnuCash = G2 minus QOF, CashUtil = the CLI which will share the objects and
the current xml backend).

This, I hope, will also fix a number of test failures in G2 - maybe even
test-lots.
:-)

I'll be removing all the guile code from each test routine that currently uses
either the engine module or the business module or directly interfaces with
the GnuCash v2 XML backend - i.e. the test routines that CashUtil can use -
in preparation for the libcashobjects.so and libgnc-backend-file.so
replacements (that CashUtil already uses).

cashutil/lib/libcashobjects.so.0.0.0
cashutil/lib/libgnc-backend-file.so.0.0.0

Once done, the remaining changes for CashUtil to build within the GnuCash tree
*should* be confined to Makefiles but I won't be committing those changes
myself and will in any case wait until G2 is merged into HEAD.

I've got a collection of patches to commit today which synchronise QOF,
CashUtil and G2 plus a few more later on.

Remaining problems in the G2 source code that are preventing CashUtil from
building currently include gnc-pricedb.c (uses a customised QofBackend
(price_lookup) that only builds within the GnuCash tree) and
iso-4217-currencies.c which CashUtil cannot generate from the scheme.

I'll work on gnc-pricedb.c but is there a better way of handling
iso-4217-currencies.c?

--

Neil Williams