Frederic Leroy's update to Dan Widyono's patch to compile cleanly on 64

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 16 21:57:20 EDT 2005

FWIW, I would prefer a patch that has as few casts as possible but still
compiled without warnings.  Casts can hide potential issues.  Much better to
have a configure test and use some format macro instead of casting.

-derek