CLI undo edit?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 17:08:15 EDT 2005

On Thursday 25 August 2005 9:21 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Do you really need to keep track of the operations individually?

Not particularly, it just seemed handy to use an enum initially - I was
thinking that a switch() statement was going to be needed later. I was
planning to differentiate a MODIFY from a CREATE but I think that was just a
hangover from tying the undo idea to events and dirty instances.

> I would think a much better API would be:
>   QofOperation qof_book_start_operation(QofBook* book, const char
> *op_name); void qof_book_end_operation(QofOperation oper);

Makes sense.

> At least that's my take on it all.

What about the number of undo operations to hold relative to the number of
changes per operation?

It's not a problem for the CLI implementation, it's more for the future.

--

Neil Williams