G2 Testing (12051) - Accounts Window/File-Open

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Sat Dec 3 01:21:01 EST 2005

Testing continues with the File --> Open menu option:
- I'm not sure if this is intended but just in case it is not I
   wanted to mention it:
   When I have the main Accounts window open I see the following
   sub menus listed
      Open...
      Open Budget
      Open Account
      Open Subaccounts
   When I have a Budget tab active I only see the sub menus:
      Open...
      Open Budget
   It may be desirable to being able to select and open an account
   from the Budget window as well.

- In the Accounts window, when I select an account without sub accounts
   the 'Open Subaccounts' option is available.
   I would have expected this option not to be available for accounts
   without a sub account.  However, if this option is supposed to
   provide a way to open an account in the Journal View then it should
   probably just do that.

- The following item is probably more related to the Budget Preferences
   but it shows up when opening a budget:
   When entering a long description for a budget without specifically
   entering line breaks, the 'Select a Budget' window extends over the
   width of the screen.  It may be better to restrict the description to
   something like 40 to 60 characters or provide horizontal scroll bars.
   Please see
       http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/BudgetOpen.jpg
   The image displays the entire screen width.

- The same is true for long 'vertical descriptions'.

- The vertical alignment for the budget name in the 'Select a Budget'
   window is set to 'center'.  Personally, I would prefer this to be
   aligned to the top.

- Also, at the moment the splash screen is displayed _behind_ the
   active window

--
Thanks

     Volker Englisch