[RFC] Use donations for more memory for svn/cvs/mail server

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Dec 4 10:32:55 EST 2005

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

>> What kind of timeouts have you had?
>
> port 80 for Trac URL's, especially with large or frequently changed
> files like ChangeLog.
>
> Commits have been fine. I did have one svn checkout that paused from time to
> time (about 5 times in all). Actual timeouts have only been via HTTP.

This could be a memory/swap issue, if http is trying to read a bunch
of data into RAM..  Whereas if it were all cached in RAM it would
probably be much faster than having to swap.  So I bet the additional
RAM would help significantly here.