G2 Testing (12051) - Accounts Window/File-Open

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Wed Dec 7 10:56:51 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 02:10:09AM -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> This opens the account and all (including zero) child accounts in
> journal mode.  This could be changed so the menu item is only active if
> a child has sub-accounts, but it complicates the code.  Especially in
> the budget page where you can select multiple accounts at once.  [And
> now open them all at the same time. :-) ]

Cool.

> > - The vertical alignment for the budget name in the 'Select a Budget'
> >    window is set to 'center'.  Personally, I would prefer this to be
> >    aligned to the top.
>
> All the vertical alignments are set to 'center'. The reason this looks
> funny is the names are a single line of text, and the descriptions are
> two lines (with the second line being empty).  If you remove the
> carriage return from the end of your description you'll see what I mean.
> Chris, I don't know what you want to do here.  Keep the user description
> formatted exactly as input (minus any trailing carriage return) or
> always reformat the text.

I didn't read Volker's email very closely, and didn't realize until
today what this was about.  I think the best thing to do is just leave
the description as entered (minus trailing carriage return).  Viewing
the description in the budget selection dialog is purely an aid to
selection.  It doesn't have to be completely visible, horizontally or
vertically, and I don't think I'd mind much if it wasn't even
displayed at all.  If displaying description make selection more
difficult, we should just show the names.  OTOH, I don't really mind
the current rendering.

-chris