64-bit issues, login accounts on an Athlon-64 available.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 11:46:23 EST 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 4:26 pm, Englisch, Volker (NIH/NCI) [C] wrote:
> > I've now been able to compile GnuCash on my 64-bit system
>
> Just noticed that even though I can compile GC (without the
> --enable-hbci
> option) I can not run it:
>
>   [volker at kepler ~]$ /opt/gnucash/bin/gnucash
>   ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
>   ERROR: file: "libgw-wct", message: "/usr/lib/libgw-wct.so.0: cannot
> open
>   shared object file: No such file or directory"

That could be an outdated gwrap package. What distribution are you running on
this 64bit machine?

What version of these libraries:
libgwrap-runtime0-dev
libgwrapguile-dev

(hint, you need the first one and not the second one!)

If that's OK, you may just need a make distclean or maybe you haven't removed
all traces of gwrap 1.3

If Debian, you need libgwrap-runtime0-dev 1.9.6-3, 1.9.6-2 doesn't work with
gnucash.

--

Neil Williams