64-bit issues, login accounts on an Athlon-64 available.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Dec 7 12:05:19 EST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2005 17:26 schrieb Englisch, Volker (NIH/NCI) [C]:
> > I've now been able to compile GnuCash on my 64-bit system
>
> Just noticed that even though I can compile GC (without the
> --enable-hbci
> option) I can not run it:
>
>   [volker at kepler ~]$ /opt/gnucash/bin/gnucash
>   ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
>   ERROR: file: "libgw-wct", message: "/usr/lib/libgw-wct.so.0: cannot
> open
>   shared object file: No such file or directory"

This might also mean that no shared objects were built at all. Did config.log
during ./configure happen to say "checking whether to build shared
libraries... no"? It should say "...yes" or otherwise gnucash will not work
at all.

If it says "...no", you might consider an extra --build=... argument to
configure.

Christian